Clubhouse Status Early January

Work has started!!
Read more about the initial groundworks and changes to the old clubhouse.
After confirming the grant funding from SportScotland, members and other trusts, LTSC was able to complete a tender process and appoint a contractor for the work, just prior to Xmas.

Work on site has now started, despite the recent weather! and some initial shots of the ground works (thanks to all those members who helped with tree removal and initial site clearing) along with a view clealy showing where the link from the old club will be.

Here is Ian McLarens initial report of progress to date:

PROGRESS REPORT: 16 JANUARY 2008
 
Site excavation to formation level now complete. Excavated material has been deposited filling dips in ground adjacent to east and west boundaries. Contractor has sub contracted Norrie Campbell to execute this work. Excavation for the drainage soakaway located in the car park is not on the critical path, but logically it should commence soon. Mineral soil will be set aside for re grassing on completion.
Pockets for concrete foundations complete for one chalet, second chalet and shuttering for insitu concrete link expected to be complete by Friday 18th.
Concrete foundations commencing Monday 21st. for completion approx 23rd. NB all subject to weather. ie. snow or rain would fill founds.
Downtakings: Existing building 50%; Chalets and remainder as inclement weather activities prior to chalets being lifted into position.
Chalets: Joiner expected to commence alterations "soon" ie. before repositioning. If progress permits, intumescent varnish (surface spread of flame protection) will follow. New wood surfaces will require subsequent treatment to maintain continuity of protection.
Concrete block piers: Commencing approx. 23rd. for completion around 30th. Load bearing capable by Monday 4 February but hard frost would prevent building due to it damaging cement mortar.
Chalet Positioning: Crane on site on or around 4th February. NB. Existing overhead power supply must be removed to facilitate crainage. New underground supply cost and lead time awaited.
Programme: Weather delay due to wind, rain and snow approx. 4 days. Every effort will be made to achieve completion on or close to March 24th. but it would be wise to assume a minimum accumulated delay of around two weeks before beneficial occupation. Decoration etc. may continue but that should not preclude obtaining a Certificate of Occupation fro P&KDC Building Control.
Next report in two weeks, subject to progress on site.

Latest, due to weather litte if any work was managed Thursday (17th January) and its unlikey people will be on-site tomorrow, so delaying the start of concrete work

 

© 2015 Loch Tummel Sailing Club